Latest topics
» Sunday 2nd April - Goyt Valley
by -Caz- Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 am

» Hartington - Sunday 4th March
by Linda R Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:36 pm

» Edale - Sunday 22nd January
by Linda R Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:38 am

» Castleton - Sunday 18th December
by Steve M Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:59 pm

» Bamford and Hathersage - Sunday 27th November 2016
by Linda R Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:09 am

» Linacre Woods - Sunday 30th October 2016
by Village Owl Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 pm

» Tissington - Sunday 25th September
by Steve M Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:44 am

» Chesterfield Canal - Sunday 21st August
by Steve M Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:27 am

» Millers Dale - Sunday 24th July
by Steve M Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 am

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar


Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Admin on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:32 am

Chatsworth and Rowsley - Sunday 9th March
An 8.5 mile walk which takes in the Chatsworth Estate and House, Rowsley and Cauldwell Mill. Not too strenuous, the walk should take 5 hours to complete.

Details:
Meet at Calton Lees Car Park on the Chatsworth Estate at 10.0 for 10.15 start. The postcode for Chatsworth Garden Centre next door is DE4 2NX.


Last edited by Steve M on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 183
Join date : 2012-08-10

View user profile http://sheffieldwanderers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 am

Yes please. I would be grateful for a lift, especially as Roger, who thinks I am at least 80 years old, is not coming next Sunday because he now feels so guilty.
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 am

We can pick you up on our way through Natalia. 9.10 at the usual place?
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Steve M wrote:We can pick you up on our way through Natalia. 9.10 at the usual place?

Thank you very much Steve. Yes, I'll be there. At the Yorkshire Bank corner, right?
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Jolly Roger on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:08 am

Steve don't forget you will need room for Natalia's Zimmer Frame in the boot.
avatar
Jolly Roger

Posts : 115
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 63
Location : Ecclesall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 am

Jolly Roger wrote:Steve don't forget you will need room for Natalia's Zimmer Frame in the boot.

Roger, remember I know where you work. I'll be waiting for you one evening, when you least expect me, in the dark, and then... No level of martial arts expertise will help you. It was a wise decision on your part to not come next Sunday and wait for me to calm down [trying to post an EVIL OR VERY MAD smiley here but it wouldn't do the copy/paste thing for some reason, so just imagine it's there. Even three of them. Or four]
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Jolly Roger on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 am

You will have to wait until next year Natalia, as it is now day light when I go home. And what with your eye sight fading plus I can out run a Zimmer Frame (in daylight - with a following wind). Have a good walk Sunday, I will see you all for the 5 Weir walk or the meal on the 11th. wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine 
avatar
Jolly Roger

Posts : 115
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 63
Location : Ecclesall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:56 am

Jolly Roger wrote:You will have to wait until next year Natalia, as it is now day light when I go home. And what with your eye sight fading plus I can out run a Zimmer Frame (in daylight - with a following wind). Have a good walk Sunday, I will see you all for the 5 Weir walk or the meal on the 11th. wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine wine 

:-))
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:25 am

Not sure what's being going off, but no doubt we'll get to know on Sunday!

Is this the emoticon that you're looking for Natalia -------->  Mad 

If it is, then you can find it amongst the others to the far right as you're typing.


Last edited by Steve M on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Steve M wrote:Not sure what's being going off, but no doubt we'll get to know on Sunday!

Is this the emoticon that you're looking for Natalia -------->  Mad 

If it is, then you can find it amongst the others to the far right as you're typing.

Thank you for providing me with the VERY ANGRY AND MAD emoticon Steve (I could see it with the others on the right-hand side, but the stupid machine wouldn't do the copy/ paste thing). Though now I think I no longer need that one (yes my moods are volatile).
To know what's going on, Steve, you should check the Wanderers' FB page, the comments after the image from last walk. But I can also fill you in on the recent events here. The thing is, on Sunday Roger, exhausted by the hard walk and the heavy rain, had to take off his glasses before we went home, and came to the conclusion that I was ages (well, three years) older than I really am. Once I pointed out his mistake to him, he went down on his knees (though in the car, while driving... that doesn't sound convincing, does it? I'll have to think of a better twist for the story next time I tell it, but it'll do for now) -- so, he went down on his knees and begged me for forgiveness, but I was relentless. He then said he would spend the next two weeks fasting and praying (which is why he is going to miss the next two walks), which I reckon is OK. PS: Roger, how am I as a story-teller? giggle giggle
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Jolly Roger on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:39 am

Steve every word Natatlia has stated is correct. I have shaved my head in shame. Its was only 3 years out, what would have happened if it was 10. The mind boggles.  345 345 345 
avatar
Jolly Roger

Posts : 115
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 63
Location : Ecclesall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:42 am

Jolly Roger wrote:Steve every word Natatlia has stated is correct. I have shaved my head in shame. Its was only 3 years out, what would have happened if it was 10. The mind boggles.  345 345 345 

 Razz Razz Razz Razz 
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 pm

As there doesn't seem to be much interest in this walk, and as there's a huuuuge rugger game in the afternoon, with Natalia's agreement I'm cancelling this walk and putting on a shorter 5 mile, 2 hour walk in the morning.
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Anne C on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:33 am

It was wanting to get back for rugby that put me off Chatsworth this week

Anne C

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:37 am

Anne C wrote:It was wanting to get back for rugby that put me off Chatsworth this week

Now I'm not sure whether to believe that or not................I thought you preferred round balls Anne  Surprised 
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Anne C on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:05 am

Steve M wrote:
Anne C wrote:It was wanting to get back for rugby that put me off Chatsworth this week

Now I'm not sure whether to believe that or not................I thought you preferred round balls Anne  Surprised 

Completely serious(ignoring round balls comment) watch all 6 Nations when I can plus my mum loves it so watch England matches with her and one of her friends who have watched it together for years

Anne C

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Anne C wrote:
Steve M wrote:
Anne C wrote:It was wanting to get back for rugby that put me off Chatsworth this week

Now I'm not sure whether to believe that or not................I thought you preferred round balls Anne  Surprised 

Completely serious(ignoring round balls comment) watch all 6 Nations when I can plus my mum loves it so watch England matches with her and one of her friends who have watched it together for years

Does that mean that you'll be joining us for a stroll up the Porter Valley?  Very Happy 
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  NataliaS on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 am

Steve M wrote:
Anne C wrote:
Steve M wrote:
Anne C wrote:It was wanting to get back for rugby that put me off Chatsworth this week

Now I'm not sure whether to believe that or not................I thought you preferred round balls Anne  Surprised 

Completely serious(ignoring round balls comment) watch all 6 Nations when I can plus my mum loves it so watch England matches with her and one of her friends who have watched it together for years

Does that mean that you'll be joining us for a stroll up the Porter Valley?  Very Happy 

IS there a stroll tomorrow? What are the instructions? (Where) Are we meeting, for how long, what is the dress code, what will we do?
avatar
NataliaS

Posts : 234
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Jolly Roger on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 am

Hi Steve. Let me know details of Porter Valley walk . I will bribe , I mean entice, I mean threaten the boys on a walk to Forge Dam. May get them interested in walking.

 stars laff 
avatar
Jolly Roger

Posts : 115
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 63
Location : Ecclesall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Anne C on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:33 am

Steve you need to alter date on Porter Valley walk, you've got the entry as 24th March. I'll be there all being well


Anne C

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Steve M on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:35 am

Well thank you to someone for putting me right! Thread now amended!
avatar
Steve M

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-08-11
Location : Norwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatsworth - Sunday 9th March (Cancelled)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum