by Steve M Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 am

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Meal Meet next month

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meal Meet next month

Post  Steve M on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 am

As promised, I'm trying to sort out a meal meet for next month at Indian/Chinese all-you-can-eat restaurant Mirpuri Dhera at Attercliffe. This is the restaurant we've been to before previously named Kinaara, and before that Estikutum.
The good news is that they've reduced the price to £9.95 and they can fit us in on any Friday night next month.
The bad news is that they no longer have a drinks licence, and don't allow people to take their own alcohol either.
Does anybody still want to go there, even if it is alcohol free?
Or can anybody suggest anywhere else which is in the same price range.
The Flaming Dragon at Centretainment is an alternative, but they charge £12.95 for just Chinese, which isn't usually as popular as Indian. Or is it?
Steve M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meal Meet next month

Post  Anne C on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:55 am

It doesn't matter to me if we can't have alcohol, still happy to go there. I really like Flamig Dragon so I am happy to go there. I'll go along with majority decision. I am likely to be unavailable on the last Friday of October but if I can't make it hey ho kay sera sera!!!!

Anne C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kay Sera Sera on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:59 am

I am quite happy to go along dispite no alcohol. It's easy for me to get to as the 52 bus goes past it.
Kay Sera Sera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NataliaS on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:49 am

I am fine with any place to eat. Theoretically, all things being equal, I would prefer a Chinese menu - but I know I am in the minority here, and the majority should win.
NataliaS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:57 am

We are ok alcohol ftee,we enjoyed the food last time but if everyone fancies a chinesa no probs we will go along with the majority.
Mark B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DebbieR on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 am

I'd love either but I have just discovered Indian so very keen to try new dishes. ( sorry I cant do 25th). We could maybe meet in a pub for a bit of falling down water first!wine 
DebbieR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve M on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 am

NataliaS wrote:I am fine with any place to eat. Theoretically, all things being equal, I would prefer a Chinese menu - but I know I am in the minority here, and the majority should win.
The place at Attercliffe offers Chinese and Indian, so you can have just Chinese if you want. Here's the menu [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (You can't click on it, you need to copy and paste it!)

I think the overwhelming verdict is that Mirpuri Dhera would be good, and that the 18th of October would suit best, so that's what we're going to go with! There'll be a new thread on the forum once it's booked.
Steve M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NataliaS on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 am

Steve - it says "only admins can see this link".... But that's OK, I will go with the decision of the majority, Indian is fine with me, too!
NataliaS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve M on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:27 am

NataliaS wrote:Steve - it says "only admins can see this link".... But that's OK, I will go with the decision of the majority, Indian is fine with me, too!
Natalia - I know that it tells you that only admin can see the link - read again what I put in my post! I said that you can't click on it, you need to copy and paste it!!!!

Steve M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NataliaS on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 am

Steve M wrote:
NataliaS wrote:Steve - it says "only admins can see this link".... But that's OK, I will go with the decision of the majority, Indian is fine with me, too!
Natalia - I know that it tells you that only admin can see the link - read again what I put in my post! I said that you can't click on it, you need to copy and paste it!!!!

I did, Steve... Honestly, I really did....Evil or Very Mad 
NataliaS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve M on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am

NataliaS wrote:
Steve M wrote:

If you're having trouble copying and pasting just google Mirpuri Dhera, and then click on 'Menu' on their website.
Steve M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NataliaS on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

Steve M wrote:
NataliaS wrote:
Steve M wrote:

If you're having trouble copying and pasting just google Mirpuri Dhera, and then click on 'Menu' on their website.
That's fine Steve, I am fine with food either way, I can find something to eat anywhere, I was just curious about how to make the link work.
NataliaS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top